Thursday, February 17, 2011

About the "Dollhouse Diaries"

 These pieces are dedicated to my grandma who never threw a single thing away!! She believed that every button, piece of fabric, playing card, toy, etc. was a special piece of nastagia too important to be discarded!! When she passed away I not only inherited her special little pieces of history but also her uncontrollable urge to hang-on to everything and never let it go! Needless-to-say each collage adorns vintage items from the past that I have collected throughout my life from grandma, flea markets, thrift stores, garage sales, antique stores, etc. These vintage items combined with my obsession and love for dolls, fabric, and nursery rhymes are the ingredients to my beloved series called "The Dollhouse Diaries".


No comments:

Post a Comment